Fanatics, the leading e-commerce partner for the world’s top sports brands, leverages data through CJ and publisher NMPi to dynamically change PPC bid strategy growing revenue and reducing cost through the affiliate channel.
At a Glance
- 27% increased revenue
- 4% increase in conversion rate
- 13% increase in ROAS for the campaign period
- In response to declining revenues and increased cost of sale, Fanatics, NMPi, and CJ collaborated to launch a Paid Search bidding strategy that would leverage the power of in-game moments designed to capture users searching for player and team merchandise after a big game.
- Through Google’s Apps Script, Fanatics’ bidding strategy would react to events happening on the pitch, pushing keywords to fit in with incidents like goals, assists, and cards in a given match. The script worked by lifting bids on a player based on a predetermined score delivered by the official Premier League Fantasy Football API.
- The collaboration to launch a bidding strategy leveraging the power of in-game moments and dynamic data, allowed Fantatics to increase revenue by 27%, nearly tripling the initial growth target of 10%.
- ROI improved by 13% by investing less in poor-performing keywords.
- This campaign also allowed the building of positive brand associations with players (and the decreasing of those attached to negative ones).
"Working with CJ, we were able to identify that performance of our player campaigns fluctuated largely with player performance. By building this market leading tool to optimise our campaigns using live data, we gained a significant competitive advantage over the rest of the market“
- Max Flajsner, Head of Performance, NMPi