Cross-platform app publisher, Shoptagr, successfully launched in the CJ network with help from CJ’s Publisher Onboarding team. Shoptagr gained hundreds of new partnerships that led to six straight months of double-digit MOM sales growth.
Results at a Glance
Since launching in the CJ network in July 2019, Shoptagr experienced:
- 187 new sale active advertisers
- 293 new click active advertisers
- $2M in new advertiser revenue
- 6 straight months of double-digit MOM sales growth
- Created in 2014, Shoptagr is an intelligent shopping assistant that allows members to save and track products to a single dashboard via mobile app, desktop, and browser extension.
- Shoptagr aims to provide its fast-growing 1.5M members with a smoother, more frictionless pre-purchase journey so that they can shop on their terms and get the best value, ultimately boosting conversions for its retail partners.
- Based in Denver and Tel Aviv, Shoptagr had early success with regional affiliate networks in APAC, Europe, and Canada.
- Shoptagr joined the CJ network in mid-2019 to grow their brand reach and gain access to an extensive list of US and global fashion and retail advertisers.
- Shoptagr worked closely with CJ’s Publisher Onboarding team and was assigned to a designated Global Growth Manager.
- CJ’s Publisher Onboarding team executed a thoughtful launch, with recommendations for building brand collateral and pricing for ad packages. They also helped with advertiser recruitment, targeting 10-15 new brands a week.
- In September 2019, three months after launch, Shoptagr attended CJ’s annual networking conference, CJU, where they attended over 40 meetings with brand partners, manned a table at the high-traffic Global Expo, and presented on a panel session about emerging publisher technology. Their enthusiastic presence at CJU resulted in 103% MOM increase in revenue the following month and a strong Q4.
- Shoptagr looked to CJ for expertise on new and innovative ways to expand their offerings and target consumers. This resulted in a new cashback feature set to be released in early 2020.
- In addition to the help received from CJ’s onboarding team, a crucial part of Shoptagr’s success was their commitment to working together with CJ and growing in affiliate, as well as their openness to expand beyond the fashion category.
“Shoptagr specializes in the upper funnel as a digital assistant simplifying and organizing the shopping process for millennials. Since partnering with CJ, we have seen remarkable increases in sales, and have been able to create critical close partnerships with incredible brands! These partnerships have allowed our users to shop more fluidly with the retailers and brands they love, as well as give them access to exclusive savings.
Shoptagr is focused on providing the right technology and flexibility millennials seek, whether they are browsing on their desktop or mobile device, by allowing them to save items for later until they're ready to purchase on their terms, boosting sales and conversions for our merchant partners.
The CJ team was critical to our rapid growth in the network with their focused and targeted recruitment efforts. We are looking forward to incredible growth together with CJ as a reliable strategic partner in 2020.”
— Claire Bolos, Head of Partnerships, Shoptagr
Want to find out how to partner with Shoptagr in the CJ network? Contact Claire Bolos.